Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Ode to death

I went to a funeral today. As it stands I am in London right now and I have some relatives who have been based here for almost an eternity. And a human being being a social animal that he is, they obviously made acquaintances with people living around them or with those who had chosen to migrate to UK almost at the same time as they did.One of such acquaintances of theirs was blessed with a very lovely charming intelligent and a beautiful daughter.She was 24.She was a meritorious students studying in one of the top notch universities of UK.She had numerous scholarships and certificates to her name.Her family is one of the richest in UK and most influential back home in India.She committed suicide last week.I never met her or knew her.I was moved beyond my deepest emotions.

more

2 comments:

John F said...

Jim, thanks for creating this link to my post. I feel honored.

Best,
J
PS: I am blogrolling you now

krystyna said...

Join f - what a cute baby with mature, not cute man's manner.